Follow my blog with Bloglovin
This is one of my favorite treats to make for a potluck, family dinner or girls night so I wanted to share the recipe with you. Every time I make this recipe everyone loves them and the platter is empty within minutes. Cheesecake is a fabulous dessert but so rich and full of calories and not the easiest thing to make. Cheesecake stuffed strawberries on the other hand are the exact opposite. At only 75 calories per strawberry this is a low calorie dessert that it also delicious and so easy to make! I’m going to share the basic recipe here but it could easily be adjusted to personal tastes by using a more natural sweetener like honey or you could add your own flavours. I think great variations would be to drizzle with chocolate or replace the vanilla with orange zest or kaluha for flavouring. The possibilities are endless really! Hope you love these as much as I do! Enjoy! ♥
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 24 large strawberries with the hulls removed
- 12 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped fine in the blender (I prefer to chop slivered almonds to give a little crunch)
1. Place cream cheese in a bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds, so that it’s soft.
2. Whip together the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar.
3. In the center of each strawberry, using a sharp knife, make a hole in each one, as deep as you can without going out the bottom.
4. Spoon or pipe the filling into each hole. (I fill a freezer Ziploc bag with the filling and cut off a corner to “pipe” the filling)
5. Dip cheesecake end of strawberry into chopped almonds, making sure you completely cover the cheesecake filling with the nuts.
6. Lay strawberries in a pretty serving dish and sprinkle with any leftover nuts (or drizzle with chocolate)
7. Chill until the filling is set, and serve.